Monday, May 20, 2013

Crazy Things Ballet Dancers Do

I'm starting this list because over the weekend I totally got called out on doing tendus while waiting in line at the grocery store. These are just a few things from my own daily life - what can you add to the list?

  • Whenever I'm on an elevator, I try standing in coupé relevé to practice balancing. It's a whole different feeling in an elevator!
  • I do calf raises when I brush my teeth.
  • When I'm on the bus or subway, I try standing in various positions (second & fourth are my favorite), and have even found that when the bus/rail car slows down, going up into relevé actually keeps you from falling over. Weird, I know.
  • My roommate makes fun of me when I do this, but anytime I microwave something at home (not at work, of course) I throw my leg up on the counter for a deep hip stretch.
  • My new favorite is to do a balancé (waltz step) while vacuuming. Looks weird, but totally fun.

This list confirms the fact that dancers are crazy.


3 comments:

  1. A new one from a classmate last night - "noticing you place your arms in allongé when you admire your manicure."

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful, i´m not alone. i do this weird stuff too.
    i stay on relevé in bus, ane whan i´m nervous, i have to stretch anytihng - back, legs... and it looks really weird when do this before school exam :D
    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find that you unconsciously stretch? I totally got called out by my boss the other day - I was stretching in his office and didn't even realize it. It would be awkward except that he's a huge fitness buff!

    ReplyDelete