Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Knee Update

So the verdict is in, and the docs think I have a torn meniscus. Ce n'est pas bien. They recommended surgery, which if all goes well, will have me back in my dancing shoes within a few weeks. Yay!

But, like all things, this meniscus ain't gonna go away quietly. On Monday, I was ready to rip the damn thing out myself. My knee had locked up, and it was uncomfortable to do anything. Walk, sit, stand, lean, you name it. On Tuesday, the day of my surgery consult, it was only moderately displaying symptoms, so surgeon said he'd leave it up to me. I mean the knee was still stiff, but not painful.

And today, as the universe sits back and laughs, it feels freaking fantastic.

Seriously, WTF? Spontaneous meniscus healing? Is this a cruel joke to lure me into cancelling surgery, only to have it act up right as I'm about to (hopefully!) start the beginning pointe class? I don't understand.

If I have surgery now, the chance of recurrence is much more slim. From all the obsessive Googling I've done, it seems it's basically a crapshoot. You could never have a problem again, or 3 months down the line the meniscus shifts and you're back on crutches.

What the hell do I do? I honestly don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! That doesn't sound good! :( Even less when it feels it gets better now.... I know exactly how frustrating that is! Hope everything sorts itself out soon! <3

    ReplyDelete