Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Knee Update Part 2

Man, has this been a roller coaster. After my last post, I attempted a class on Saturday. I wore a brace and was careful about not doing grand plies or jumps, but about 30 minutes after class my knee was stiff and sore again...but not terrible.

I had just about talked myself out of the surgery, then last night I took a class with La Danseuse, teacher extraordinaire. I definitely pushed myself a bit more, and felt it during class. That class solidified my decision...next Friday, I'm having the surgery. It's not just about the pain and swelling. To be honest, I could deal with that. The real reason is what I learned AFTER class last night.

Pointe Class. January. Bring It.

That's right, they approved our beginner pointe class! I do not want to risk further injuring myself or flare-ups around the time I start pointe. This has been a dream of mine for years, and I am beside myself with excitement! So, I will take a modified class this coming Saturday and Tuesday, then I'll be off for recovery. Start crossing your fingers & fifths that the surgery goes well and I end up with a few weeks of recovery, not a few months.

The ups and downs of this thing have my head spinning, but right now, I just want to be healthy and dance.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the surg! Hope the recovery is quick and painless! and GRATS on the new pointe class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dreading the surgery a little bit but excited about the outcome, and of course pointe!

      Delete