Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trop de Ballet

I may have OD'ed on ballet this weekend. Beginner class Friday night. Beginner class followed by Intermediate class Saturday morning. A performance of Romeo & Juliet Saturday night. Advanced beginner class Sunday morning. What in the world was I thinking, especially since I'm on the tail end of injury recovery? Well, I'm pretty sure the inner monologue went something like this:

Friday 5:00pm
My legs: Wow! It's Friday! Let's go to class! Dance dance dance dance dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My head: Well, I guess it's a healthier alternative to the usual half bottle of wine, so, what the hell! I'm in!
Legs: Awesome! Don't worry, I feel great. I could do this all weekend. Ankle feels strong, balance is coming back, let's DO THIS! Dance dance dance dance dance!!!!!
Head: Well, just take it easy. You don't want another injury. Let's just be safe, OK?

Saturday 7:00am
Head: Wow. This is early. Where's the coffee. Why are my legs this tired on a Saturday morning?
Legs: Dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance!
Head:Yeah, OK, I get it, you want to dance some more. At least I'm watching a ballet tonight - that counts as rest rime, right?
Legs: Dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance!

Saturday Night 8:00pm
Head: How do they lift their legs so high? They are so teeny tiny! I can't believe I can identify some of these steps! How awesome is that?
Legs: Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Sunday Morning 9:00am
Head: Oh dear god. I'm sore. A hot shower should help, right? Maybe some anti-inflammatory creme?
Legs: Dance dance limp dance so tired dance OMG dance ice pack.
Head: What the &*$% was I thinking, doing this 3 days in a row? You're a grown-ass woman!
Legs: You were right, I was wrong, this was a bad idea.
Head: Eh, don't be so hard on yourself. You did well. But I do think this means we can take Monday off, maybe do a little date night with The Bachelor and a bottle of wine?
Legs: Deal. You bring the wine, I'll bring the ice packs.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has these little conversations. I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I'm thrilled to see my blog in your blog list. (Leotards and the Buns...)
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been a fan of your blog for quite sometime - it is fantastic! Glad to know my internal monologues aren't alone!

      Delete